Saturday, April 01, 2006

smoky...yeah earthy...as it has warmed up, it's changed a bit

From Bell's Brewing in Kalamazoo, Michigan: Wheat 8 Ale (???%abv)

Ok...yeah...that makes sense. I get some Belgian Wit, maybe Saison...GODDAMMIT DUNN, ARE YOU QUOTING ME? Says Ryan, as Chris idly, wryly mentions that he doesn't have anything worth while to add to these notes. I say screw him. He agreed with me that this beer has a smoky nose. Ryan says earthy. Either way, it's something strange in the nose, maybe like Truffles even though I've never had a Truffle.

Very dark color. Surprised how dark it is. Head was not persistant at all. No lace.

I picture this beer as kind of a lot of layers all smooshed up into one another. Too much going on here. Lots of big malt flavors all smashed up into one beer. Some spicy yeasty notes also stand out.

Definately a unique, weird tasting beer. The biggest thing for me is how the spicy yeast and malts interact to be kind of bewildering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home